Monday, March 29, 2010

Take it "Slow"

The coolest thing about March's theme of showcasing poetry by my friends and fam was the opportunity to discover the hidden talents of the wonderful people in my life. Here's one last one to top off the showcase...Thanks to everyone for sharing, reading, and for being your all around awesome selves. I'm blessed!

SLOW
BY Philip Thoms

You said you wanted to take it slow
But how am I supposed to know
What that even means
Slow like my grandma drives to church
Or slow like when Richard Petty takes a turn
I guess the expectations were unclear
And what happened is what I fear
Confusion like a cloud
And now you don’t want to see me around
Well you do and you don’t
Because you say we can still be friends
But what we had for 3.5 months I did not want to end
Such a short period of time
But the Colon back parenthesis has reversed
As I type and try not to curse
And wonder and dissect
To see if things would be different
If we had the same definition when it comes to speed

No comments:

Post a Comment