Monday, March 22, 2010

Anis Thinks I'm Quite the Beauty



I'm certain that he didn't write this poem just for me, but today is my birthday, so let's just pretend!! I discovered this new piece by Anis Mojgani quite randomly, and just had to post it. It seriously made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"come closer
come into this
come closer
you are quite the beauty
if no one has ever told you that before, know that right now -
you are quite the beauty

there is joy in how your mouth dances with your teeth
your smile is a sign of how sacred your life actually is
come into it
come closer

know that something softer than us, but just as holy
placed a piece of himself within our feet
"
- excerpt from "Come Closer"

See what I mean? Simply beautiful! Check out the vid below and be sure to pass it on. Everyone needs to hear these words.

sb


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Susan. I truly can see how this is for you today. But it is for all of us. "shaving the sides off until we turn into a ball - - walking through the walk way" into peace, joy and wholesomeness.

    Love you.
    -mom

    ReplyDelete