Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Ode to Tax Season...and ME!!


So, the back story is very necessary here:








I asked my friend Phil to help me with my taxes, because he's a whiz at all things financial. Then I decided to try to work it out on my own, because I felt like I should at least try the TurboTax deal before pawning my junk off on others. I thought I was bring thoughtful, but he was DEVASTATED (or so he say...lol).

He decided to whip out his poetic charm to write this beautiful ode to...my taxes. Talk about nerd to the n-th power:-) Despite the "surprise ending," I loved it a bunches and was way flattered that he took the time to write me a poem!

enjoy this hilarious piece!

Susan Baba’s Taxes
BY Mr. Philip Richard Thoms

It was a birthday party of a mutual friend
Never would have guessed it would be the beginning to the end
A yellow scarf and your beautiful natural hair
Looking like an Amberly Village millionaire
When you looked me in my eyes
I felt like Jet Li fighting in Shanghai
The words I thought you would never utter
My heart began to race than flutter
Philip, “Will you do my taxes?”
You were the logs and I was the axes.

Federal, State, and Local
It was loud so I had to be vocal
Though I tried to stay nonchalance
You could tell by my stuttered response
That the excitement I could not bear
It was as if you asked me to have a love affair
Because I knew what it really means
To possess the knowledge of what one does with her green
Subtract line sixty-three from sixty-four

One deduction only! Score!

A week passed
I knew, I knew I was not miscast
Until I received that fateful call
And you said Ese will do it all
I tried to stay composed
As the tears down my check flowed
You hiding all your deductions
Caused an emotional eruption
Your total income line is what I desired
But before I was even in the game, I retired
So Susan Baba I will give it to you straight
All I have for you now is hate.

1 comment:

  1. Nice going Philip. Now I know why you would not waste any more letters on Susan, you already used it all in this poem.

    Susan you make such great friends, those who are not afraid to tell you up straight are the ones that love you the most.:-))))

    ReplyDelete