Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NPR Wants your Flash Fiction

I was listening to NPR on my way home yesterday (as all good liberals do), when I heard about this cool fiction-writing contest that they're running. The idea is that you write and submit an original work of fiction that can be read on radio in 3 mins or less.


Sounds pretty darn cool. Maybe this will encourage me to get my butt in gear and start on my book. Check out the details below and official rules after the jump! Bonne chance, my friends :)

How to Do it!!
Your story must begin with the following line:

"Some people swore that the house was haunted."

and end with this line:

"Nothing was ever the same again after that."

Including these lines, your story must be 600 words or less. One entry per person. Your deadline is 11:59 p.m., EDT, on Sept. 26.


Official Rules

1 comment:

  1. A story with specific diction
    Of a scary tale, flash fiction.
    Written by a bonnie lass
    With instructions to pass
    Onto the pupils in this class.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete