Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In Case You Care: Paula Quits "Idol"

I really had to muster up all of the Christianly love in my body to refrain from making a derogatory comment about this one. Suffice it to say that, while I don't really give an F, it is my pop culture duty to report the facts:-) Paula's out because she boo hoo-ed about not getting paid as much as her fellow American Idol cast members. No word on who's going to replace her.



Here's the story, according to Access Hollywood

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- After much speculation, Paula Abdul will not be returning to "American Idol" next season.

The "Idol" judge hit her Twitter page on Tuesday night to break the news.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #Idol," she posted on her Twitter page. "I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon."

Following the announcement, FOX issued a statement of their own to Access Hollywood confirming Paula would not be in her judge's chair next season for the first time since the show began in 2002.
More

No comments:

Post a Comment