Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Calling

For all of you out there, dealing with a bit of existential angst...Wondering who you are and where you belong...words from Peter of the Earth.

The Calling
By Peter of the Earth

Searching for the missing piece that is me
I want to know what it’s like to be out from under my own thumb
To run to places I dream about when I’m sleeping
When I’m awake
To wake
Up

I’d be floating on a sea
I’d be free
Like the breeze on my back
Be slick
Tight
Right
I’d swim like Dolphins till my skin stretches and wrinkles
Feels like pins and needles
Piercing my fins till it hurts
But I don’t want to stop cause I like it
Get all caught up in it
Like the sun
Washing me through my window at noon
Warming me in my bed when I’m not working
Like the music from my alarm clock that gives me no choice but to rise and dance
Lift the air up from under my feet and fly
To see out of my third eye and speak
Words kept secret and silent for generations
By grandmothers who told you not to unleash them except for when you need
Or when you get the spirit or
Some spirit gets you
More

No comments:

Post a Comment