Sunday, May 23, 2010

Love is Like Sunshine


The first CD that I have ever purchased twice is the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Seriously, that CD is the truth...and, when I discovered that it was missing for good, I marched my little hiney to the store to correct the matter. That has been the only CD that has so moved me that I couldn't tolerate its absence, even for a day. That was nearly 6 years ago.

Now, the same feeling has waved over me again. I accidentally loaned out my new Andrea Gibson Yellowbird album to a boy I no longer see. Rookie Move!! (as my bf likes to say...haha)

Anyway...after kicking myself for forgetting to burn it to my computer, I decided to suck it up and order a new one. This chick is just that goooooood!!! Thanks to the beautiful people at CDBaby, I was able to download this mug instantly. Gotta love technology:)

And, since I'm in an Andrea mood, check out this beautiful piece below. It's from her 2006 CD When the Bough Breaks.

I would kiss you in the middle of the ocean
During a lightening storm
Because I would rather be left for dead
Than left wondering what thunder sounds like

I'm not looking for someone who can save me
Life rafts might keep you afloat
But they rarely get you anywhere
And I've got places I want to go
....
Love is like sunshine
Sometimes you have to get burned to know you were there
I wanna know that I'm here


::sigh:: Simply beautiful!

1 comment: