Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Reason I Wish I Lived in NYC

My 9-5 sometimes finds me in the "city that never sleeps." Sadly, it's never when I need to be there! And Page Meets Stage is a need. NEED, I tell you!! I've posted a few poems from the monthly event here, but didn't grasp the full concept until now. Check out this totally kick A description of the event below that I lifted from the site.

Page Meets Stage is a monthly poetry series that pairs more page-oriented, academic poets with poets who come from a more spoken-word or performative background. Both poets are on stage at the same time and read back and forth, poem for poem, sometimes answering each other and other times taking the conversation in a different direction.- Excerpt from the website


Loves it!!

They have one tonight, but I won't be back in the city until June. Booo! I'll have to be more strategic about future trips. If you're in the NYC area, please check it out. I love/ hate living vicariously through others, but I will, if I must:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment