Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm Not Lonely...Any More


A week ago, I was totally dreading Valentine's Day. I mean, for a single girl, all of the lovey-dovey stuff can really deepen your own sense of romantic longing, but today actually went much better than expected.

No exes, no random text messages, no loneliness. Just quality time with really good friends and some much needed "me" time. Yes, it's been a crazy past 8 months in my romantic universe, but the sting of the last one has all but worn off. I'm finally realizing that I'm stronger than I ever gave myself credit for (yay) and that he held a much looser grip on my heart than I previously thought (double yay!!).

As they say...on to the next one:-)


I'm Not Lonely

BY Nikki Giovanni

I'm not lonely
sleeping all alone
you think I'm scared
but I'm a big girl
I don't cry or anything

I have a great
big bed to roll around
in and lots of space
and I don't dream
bad dreams like I used
to have that you
were leaving me
anymore

Now that you're gone
I don't dream
and no matter
what you think
I'm not lonely
sleeping
all alone

No comments:

Post a Comment