Sunday, January 24, 2010

::HEART::Write::Bloody::


This time last year, I got the most amazing surprise - a book of love poems. And it was no ordinary book of mushy poetry. NO! This book, The Last American Valentine, the self-proclimned collection of "illustrated poems to seduce and destroy," was an collection of off-beat poems and "flash poetry." It was also the start of my great love affair with Write Bloody Publishers.

So, of course you could only imagine my glee when my secret Santa, again, surprised me with a Write Bloody book. This time, Taylor Mali's The Last Time as We Are. They just keep rolling out with the hottness and, since I'm on a bit of a Taylor Mali kick right now, I wanted to put in my own little plug for this book. I just started reading it and absolutely cannot put it down...but I must...to eat. and shower. and work...but, you get the point.
I've included a quick snap of one of my fav - "Ars Poetica." Funny and clever. The best combination!



Check out these and other great poetry collections today at Write Bloody's online store . Full time poets gotta eat too:-)

More about Write Bloody from Write Bloody
We publish and promote great books of fiction, poetry and art every year. We are a small press with a snappy look dedicated to quality literature. We have offices in LA, NYC and Murfreesboro, TN. Our design team has been pulled from all over America. We are proud of our unique style by utilizing modern painters, photographers and rock album designers for all our book cover art. We publish and promote 8-12 tour savvy authors per year. We are grass roots, DIY, boot strap believers . Our employees are authors and artists so we call ourselves a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment