Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Poetry Tip of the Day


I must admit that, like most of you, I am often my harshest critic. I'm either so afraid to write crap that I forget to write at all or I'm too afraid to post what I've written - convinced that it's crap.

But, I've been inspired by poets who have recently taken up daily poem challenges. They have vowed to write everyday. This means that they will, from time to time, write things that are less than perfect...but at least they'll be flexing their creative muscles. Maybe you don't have time to commit to daily writing, but you could at least take the chance and write...even when it's not all the way perfect and you're not sure exactly where it will end up. It's better to write crap than to let the fear of writing badly paralyze you. It's usually better than you think.

Thanks my tip of the day. Take it for what it's worth.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment