Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stuff I Like: Ed Mabrey's Progress

Oh. Ed.

I stumbled upon this wonderful word-smith in a Columbus restaurant that is no longer open...at a poetry night that has long passed. But, even then, he moved me. Three years from that time, it almost feels like i dreamt it all, but his words...man! Those were real. And his voice...beautiful. Ed Mabrey represents that time when poetry truly stole my heart...I would go to his Black Pearl poetry nights and emerge from the experience (it was always an experience) with my face streaming with tears. No. Joke. Ed, and the craft that he has worked for years to master, cut me to the heart every time and remind that there is still beauty in this world...

Among his many accomplishments, Ed is a national slam champion and a top ranked national poet (8th out of 400 poets). He isn't playing around with this poetry thing...and it is clear by this great performance.

enjoy:-)



For more Ed, check him out on myspace

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for the love. I hope you're doing well too and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete