Friday, June 11, 2010

Insomniacs are Smarter!

But you don't have to take my word of it (in my best Lamar Burton voice)! According to a recent Psychology Today article, people who deprive their precious minds and bodies of shut eye are the true geniuses among us.

"Net of a large number of social and demographic factors, more intelligent children grow up to be more nocturnal as adults than less intelligent children. Compared to their less intelligent counterparts, more intelligent individuals go do bed later on weeknights" Published on May 9, 2010

Ah-HA!! To all of you who question my 1am emails and late night Facebook posts, read it and weep!

:-)

But there are some serious consequences that come with all that sleep deprivation...like morning crankiness and killer caffeine addiction. Check out Cristin O'keefe Aptowicz' hilarious poem - "Ode to My Morning Cup of Coffee"

"Ode to my morning cup of coffee -
I buy you every morning at the same place
They know me and have the cup ready
before I even approach the counter.
Some days the subway runs slow
and I don't have time to pick you up
We categorize this days as being BAD!
Life without you, coffee, isn't life at all
It's a terrible fog
A slow motion movie about the wind..."

Enjoy, my fellow night owls....I mean...geniuses:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment