Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh yeah...Happy Black History Month!

Am I the only one who totally forgot that this was Black History Month? Do kids even still learn about it in school? I haven't heard a peep about it from my 7th grade brother and I sure as heck haven't heard much of anything in the news. Oh well, black people rock!! AND our contributions in government, science, arts, sports, etc. have made America what it is today.

You're welcome. Feel free to write your thank you check directly to me:)

In honor of the awesomeness that is black America, check out the HuffPost's list of Great Poems for Black History Month. The list includes some of my absolute favs like Lucille Clifton, Rita Dove, Paul Laurence Dunbar and many more!!

Enjoy!

ps...Happy Birthday Rosa Parks (February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005)

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one. I didn't remember until my friend posted and article she wrote for school and youth librarians about books for students who are ready for something new after the 5 millionth school skit they've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to write a paper on michelle obama for black history month

    ReplyDelete